Monday, June 8, 2015

Take This Man (2nd collection of excerpts from) short stories edited by Neil Plakcy



A collection of romantic erotica focused on male couples in committed relationships. Edited by Neil Plakcy, Take This Man takes a close look at how much sexier an encounter can be when the two men involved have been together for long enough to matter.


Take This Man
Cleis Press (May 14, 2015)


Excerpt 2 from Take This Man

From “Table for Three” by Jameson Dash

“It’s such a nice place,” Mike said. He leaned across the bar and spoke in a low voice. “The smell is driving me crazy. I’m starving. How do you stand it?”

The chef did a tasting of the specials for the servers, and he had done a few of the classics for Mike to taste along with them, to get an idea of the whole menu. He said he had never eaten Ethiopian food, but he ate with enthusiasm and had spent much of the night suggesting dishes to customers before they even had a chance to decide.

“You eat before you show up for work,” Toby said, deadpan. Mike laughed, so he knew how to take a joke. He was going to get along well at Injera.

“The only thing I have in my fridge right now is beer,” Mike said. He turned away from Toby to glance around the room.

Mike was attentive and pleasant to be around. Toby couldn’t bring himself to complain about the constant questions. He was new. He had a lot to learn.

“What about you?” Mike asked, coming around the bar to grab the cloth and wipe it down for something to do. “Is your wife a good cook?”

It had been a long time since Toby had to come out to someone. He encountered people every day who didn’t know, but they didn’t always need to know. Mike would find out, and if he was still here when Azzo arrived to take Toby home, he would find out tonight.

“Husband,” Toby said, an easy correction.

Mike’s mouth fell open, almost comical, but his eyes were also wide, and Toby felt that old, familiar panic reaching up into his throat.

“That’s awesome,” Mike said. Toby didn’t think Mike could be any younger than he already looked. “I have so many questions, man. Where did you meet? How long have you guys been together? Is he hot?”

Toby laughed, but there wasn’t time for any of that, of course. As Mike was inching himself closer, Toby spotted a customer glancing around the room.

“Table  five,” he said. Mike jumped, and he was gone, completely professional once more. He would do well here, Toby decided. He would be a good kid to keep around.

From “The Road Trip” by Kitten Boheme

“Oh my god!” Finn yelled, his face pressed against the passenger window, his breath fogging the glass.
I slammed on the brakes, the car behind us had to swerve around us, the driver laying on its horn, and gesturing rudely as he drove by.

“What?! What’s wrong?” I panicked.

“We should eat there!” He pointed excitedly to a roadside café.

“Seriously? That’s what you nearly got us killed for?” My heart had leapt up into my throat; I tried to swallow it back down.

Finn just looked back at me, unaware or uncaring of what just happened. He shrugged, “I’m hungry.”

“You are always hungry.” I rubbed his slightly less than a six-pack gut. He returned my mock affection with a punch to the arm, I laughed. “Fine, let’s stop.” I relented, flipping on my turn signal and pulling in to the café.  
I parked our Chevy station wagon, bought especially for this trip. “See the USA in your Chevrolet” was Finn’s mantra. Being the pushover I am, relented and traded in my Audi for this 1980’s monstrosity.

As I unbuckled my seatbelt I leaned over, “You owe me. Big.” I puckered my lips and waited.
Finn closed the gap between us and pressed his mouth to mine.

I melted into his kiss, the moistness of his lips, the heat of his breath, and the familiar feel of his tongue sliding against mine. Five years and he still can make me weak at the knees with just a kiss. We clung eagerly to each other, a hand slid up the nape of my neck, his fingers curling in my hair. I shuddered. I put my hand against his cheek, the fleshy pad of my thumb caressing his cheek bone. When the kiss broke Finn left a trail of soft kisses from the corner of my mouth to my ear. He breathed deep and heavy in my ear, a chill ran down my body, I could feel something beginning to stir in my pants. He whispered, “I want a bacon cheeseburger.”

I pushed him away from me, stifling a laugh. “Get away from me.”

“Come on, let’s go eat” Finn reached over and pulled the keys from the ignition. “I’m buying.”

“Damn right you are.” I reached for the door handle.

“Wait!” Finn held up a hand, motioning for me to stop. He jumped out of the car and hustled over to the driver’s side and opened the door for me. It was a silly thing he did, ever since our first date. He thought it was romantic and I humored him, although the tradition has grown on me.

“Thank you, babe.” I took his outstretched hand and lifted myself out of the seat with a groan. It felt good to finally stretch my legs. Finn linked his arm through mine and started pulling me towards the entrance and grudgingly I followed.

From “A Riviera Wedding” by Neil Plakcy

Aidan reached down to touch his half-hard dick, running his index finger up its length, remembering how Liam had looked that morning, like a Greek god come to life. He closed his eyes and imagined Liam there beside him, how he’d turn to his partner and take one nipple ring between his teeth, and twist.

Liam would shiver and reach for Aidan’s dick. Aidan stroked himself as he imagined that touch. He lay there in the shaft of sunlight gently fingering himself until his dick began to ooze precome.

“Getting started without me?”

Aidan opened his eyes to see Liam silhouetted in the doorway. His partner had an ability, cultivated by years as a US Navy SEAL, to move quietly when he wanted to . It was almost creepy.

“Well, at least I waited for you to get here.” He patted the bed beside him. Their little mixed-breed dog, Hayam, looked up from her place on the floor, then rested her head back down.

“I should take a shower.”

“No , you shouldn’t,” Aidan said. “I love the way you smell when you’ve been out at the beach.”

“Well, if you insist.” Liam pulled off his T-shirt, revealing his narrow waist, awesome six pack, and beefy pecs. The gold nipple rings glinted dully in the light.

Aidan never tired of watching his partner strip. In the five years they had been together, Liam had put on a bit of weight around his hips, and his biceps were not as iron-hard as they’d once been. But even if that amazing body were to fall apart, Aidan knew he would still love the man inside.

Liam kicked off his leather sandals and stepped out of his baggy gray shorts. He usually wore a jockstrap, 
because he liked the way the cotton fabric cupped and protected his dick and balls, but that morning he’d skipped the jock in favor of the tiny bathing suit. As he skinned the white nylon down over his crotch, his half-hard dick popped out. He pushed the fabric down over his massive thighs and then let the suit fall to the floor.

Grinning, he struck a bodybuilder pose beside the bed – because he knew how much it teased and excited Aidan. As he did, he bounced his dick up and down a couple of times to stiffen it.

“Come here, you,” Aidan said, clambering over the bed until his mouth was level with Liam’s dick. Liam planted his legs firmly on the floor and Aidan reached out to cup Liam’s balls. Then he moved in closer and took the mushroom head of Liam’s beefy dick in his mouth.


Liam was a shower, not a grower; his dick was pretty much the same girth and length hard or soft. And either way, Aidan loved to take it in his mouth. Nestling his nose against Liam’s pubic hair, he smelled the combination of sun, sand, salt water and tanning oil, along with their lavender soap and Liam’s own unique musk.

To purchase, click here

Author's question?  How did you get your first book published?

No comments: